THE ELECTION BOARD
The goal of the Election Board is to conduct orderly elections in accordance with the provisions of the Election Ordinance.
The Election Board requires 75 working days to prepare for a national election. The schedule includes a start-up date, date to mail announcement of upcoming election to adult Nation members, deadline date to file for candidacy, cut-off date for new registration, set-up date to mail ballots to registered voters and the scheduled election date. Nation members who are not registered to vote are encouraged to register.
The Election Board meets as needed. The Member Services Department accepts and forwards information throughout the year.
Election Board Members
Member Services Department (Government Center - Lower Level)
Coordinator: Paul Vega
Address: 16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509
Calendar of Events
The special election is being held to elect Tribal Council Treasurer
For remainder of the term ending in July 2020.
• Mailing of Election Notice: Friday, February 10, 2017
• Declaration of Candidacy Filing Date: February 27, 2017 thru March 10, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Deadline to Withdraw Your Candidacy: Monday, March 13, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
• Registration Deadline Date/18 Years and Older: Monday, March 13, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
• Mail Ballots to Registered Voters: Friday, March 17, 2017
• Tribal Election Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9:00 a.m. at the Old Bingo Hall.
- If no candidate receives the majority vote, a run-off election will be held.
• Run-Off Election: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m. at the Rock Building.
The Election Board has allowed within 60 days for this election. Holidays have been taken into consideration.