Values & Vision
We the Prairie Band Potawatomi people known as the "Keepers of the Fire" shall:
- Maintain, protect, and nurture our culture and spiritual and historic values through the celebration of its unique traditions, language, and sovereignty.
- Promote education as the corner stone of our values.
- Show pride and support the endeavors of our youth.
- Acknowledge, respect, and value the wisdom of our tribal elders with guidance for our future generations.
- Honor, respect, and strive for justice by treating all with equality and fairness.
- Protect and maintain tribal lands and other natural resources.
- Promote, enhance, and sustain the health, safety, and quality of life for all.
As a sovereign Nation, we shall ensure self-sufficiency that respects diversity and equality while working within a spirit of cooperation and fairness for a high standard of living and quality of life.
As a sovereign Nation we shall strive to provide an environment of improved well-being for our people including education, health, safety, and welfare while valuing our culture, traditions, and all resources.
As a sovereign Nation we shall accomplish this for all generations with a system of value-based management to respect all views.